Creative marketing ideas for shoe storesOn March 13, 2022 by Admin
During the economic downturn, the retail industry has dealt a major blow as customers simply do not have as much discretionary income as before. Whether your shoe store is part of a large network or is a small independent retailer, you should always be on the lookout for new exciting marketing ideas that can drive your business. Here are some great ways to highlight everything.
- Events in the store– Customers need to know the benefits of your shoes, whether it is that it is sharp and fashionable, or that it provides a comfortable walk. Holding an event in a store, such as a fashion show or training session, will not only create excitement and get to know your store, but also sell a lot of shoes! Make your presented products fully visible with a vertical banner or even a window so that customers know what shoes they will learn about.
- Loyalty cards– Most women have a shoe fetish, so create a loyalty program that makes her come back for new shoes. It could be a punch card or you could even use a computer tracking system. After purchasing a certain number of pairs, your customer will receive a free (or at least discounted) pair. You not only sell more shoes, but also retain loyal customers.
- Shoe care– A great way to make your store more marketable is to offer shoe care services such as glitter, stretch and even minor repairs. If you indeed want to offer a first-class experience, offer free shoe repair services. You probably won’t be able to do this at the store, but make an agreement with your local shoe hospital or shoemaker. Your customer will appreciate the VIP service, and this ensures that they visit your store at least twice (once to leave the shoes, and again to pick it up). Most likely, they will find a new couple for at least one of these visits. Show vinyl stickers on your paper to let customers know about these special services you offer, and make sure your sales department also mentions it.
- Sponsorships / donations– Sponsoring local events is a great way to build a positive business reputation. In return you can usually advertise at these events with a vinyl banner or in the program. Another unique idea is to create a shoe donation program. Work with charities such as the Salvation Army to donate a pair of shoes for every X amount you sell. This is Fr. huge Enhance PR and make your business socially responsible. This of course worked for TOMS.
- Family packs– If you are a shoe store that serves all customers (men, women and children), create a family package. Offer a special discount if customers buy a pair of shoes for each family member, or even buy one while getting one special. You are one window for the family, but customers may need a special deal to understand this.